December Favorites + Good NewsDecember 2, 2015
Some season favorites, things you should know, gift ideas, items on sale in my store (at the bottom!), and good news:
• I just color-proofed my upcoming book The Help Yourself Cookbook for Kids, out in April 2016 (I'll remind you then!). This is the one you'll be able to give to all the children you know without causing a fight with their parents or schools. You asked, I created!
• TODAY: Racing Extinction (from the director of The Cove) assembles a team of artists and activists intent on showing the world never-before-seen images that expose issues of endangered species and mass extinction. Premieres Wed. December 2nd at 9p EST on Discovery—to more than 220 countries!
• My little vegan athlete just became the Kid's Worlds Champion (look!) in no gi Jiu Jitsu in her division..against an opponent 15 pounds heavier! #veganpower
• Nom Yourself and I ate the most insane fresh jammy vegan pop tarts at this new spot. Thanks, Moby!
• Beverly Hills writes an AWESOME law for animals.
• This handsome world champ scales walls, dangles off buildings, and wants everyone to go vegan.
• J-Wro's Out of the Darkness course for healing the blues.
• It took 256 years for this company to make a vegan product, but see? Things can change! #veganpressure
• Amazing insight in this book on the government and environmentalists/animal activists.
• Decorate for the life you want (and see my kitchen featured!) in here.
• If you loved Blackfish, you'll love this even more.
• This goes in all of my smoothies. No winter colds!
• Brrr, even L.A. is cooling off! 10 vegan leather jackets.
• I love gifts like these that get used up and make the recipient feel the best ever.
• Very cute vegan message T-shirts from here.
• Do you need vegan holiday party shoes? Places that make the search easy: Zappos (filter your search for material!), GoJane (women's, all synthetics), Polyvore (search "vegan"!), Aldo and Call It Spring (both have lots of non-leather styles available), Bambi & Tramp, LC Lovechild, and Moo Shoes (100% vegan). That should do you good for a start!
• Check my store for deals on signed and doodled books, prints, and my custom pet portraits (which benefit Animal Rescue Corps through December!):